Explore the advantages of working with a PEO.
Do you need to control costs? Attract and retain top talent? Enhance regulatory compliance? Reduce distractions? Scale your operations? Increase revenues? Businesses today face these challenges and countless more. Fortunately, there is a solution that you can count on to solve them – leveraging HR services from a professional employer organization (PEO) like Alcott HR.
What is a PEO?
A PEO is a company that contractually assumes and manages critical human resource responsibilities and employer risks for its clients. In essence, we act as a one-stop shop for all of your human resource management needs and take the burden off your internal team members.
With a PEO like Alcott HR, you get access to unparalleled HR expertise, processes and technology that are proven to deliver significant benefits and competitive advantages to businesses just like yours.
In fact, according to a recent study by the National Association of Professional Employer Organizations (NAPEO), companies that work with PEOs:
- Grow 7-9 percent faster
- Are 50 percent more likely to stay in business
- Have 23-32 percent lower turnover
Other advantages of human resources outsourcing through a PEO include:
- Cost predictability: Your budget can vary widely from year to year as a result of changes in your company, the local market or the global economy. We provide straightforward, transparent and unbundled per-employee pricing, so you can budget in advance and with confidence.
- Enhanced regulatory compliance and reduced employer liabilities: Nobody understands the thousands of complex employer rules and regulations like our HR experts, and we use this expertise to drive your compliance with all of them, including healthcare reform, wage and hour, leave administration, equal employment opportunity and many others. As a result, you can dramatically reduce your exposure to fines, audits, penalties and lawsuits.
- Improved recruitment and retention: Attracting and retaining great employees is essential to running a great business. We make it easier to do just that by giving small- and medium-sized organizations – and their workforces – access to comprehensive, Fortune 500-type employee benefits packages at more affordable rates than they can obtain on their own. We also handle all plan administration, design and negotiation on your behalf, and we ensure that your employees receive a level of HR support that exceeds their expectations.
- Ability to focus on your core business: We handle all activities related to human resources – administration, paperwork, payroll, policy development, etc. – eliminating distractions and freeing your leaders to focus on leading your business.
- Reliability and flexibility: Alcott HR is always there for you, no matter what is happening externally in the economy or internally within your organization. We are ready to deliver the answers, best practices and HR technology necessary to guide you through variable business cycles, and you don’t have to worry about hiring additional full-time HR staff or going through messy layoffs as your needs change.
- The convenience of a one-stop shop for human resources: Eliminate the headaches of managing multiple vendors, contracts and platforms with our all-in-one HR solution. Everything – payroll and payroll taxes, workers’ comp administration, HRIS technology, employee benefits programs – is included. With one single point of contact, you will know where to turn for answers and insight when you need them, ensuring accountability.
How is a PEO different from other HR outsourcing services?
There are a lot of HR outsourcing solutions and services available, but only one model is designed to address all of your HR challenges and fit seamlessly into your business strategy – a PEO.
In addition to providing comprehensive HR services, a PEO also provides added peace of mind. That’s because PEOs share employer responsibilities with their clients, meaning they contractually assume certain responsibilities and risks associated with managing employees. This gives them “skin in the game” and makes them as invested in your compliance, profitability and success as you are.
Is a PEO right for your business?
Any company, large or small, established or growing, high-touch or high-tech, can benefit from partnering with a PEO. That’s because nobody goes into business to become an employer; they go into business to become profitable.
A PEO can alleviate the burdens associated with employment while giving you a competitive advantage when it comes to recruiting top employees, mitigating risk and enhancing business efficiency – all factors that can drive your top-line growth and improve your bottom-line profits.
Whether you have a small HR team in place or you are a business leader handling HR on your own, a PEO solution from Alcott HR can help you take a more strategic approach to human resources.
How can you select the right PEO?
With more than 600 PEO companies in the United States, it’s important to choose your PEO partner wisely. Here are some things to look for:
- A track record of success: You want to work with a company that has a demonstrated ability to help clients grow. At Alcott HR, we’ve been helping businesses do just that since 1987.
- The expertise you need: HR services are only as good as the HR people providing them. That’s why we’ve assembled the best team of HR, payroll and payroll tax, benefits and operations professionals in the PEO industry.
- High levels of customer service: When you need answers, you need them right away, and you don’t want to waste time navigating through voice prompts or on hold at a call center. When you call Alcott HR, we answer the phones “live,” and our team is always there for you. This personal approach to PEO helps set us apart.
- Security and stability: PEOs are responsible for your payroll taxes and regulatory compliance –critical factors in your business’s success. Make sure that the PEO you select takes these obligations seriously by looking for a firm with E.S.A.C. accreditation, which only 40 PEOs nationwide currently have. Alcott HR is one of them.
Experience the benefits for yourself.
To learn more about our PEO program, or to speak with one of our HR experts, contact us today!