Apply For An Payroll Specialist Job With Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR, an industry-leading provider of human resources solutions and support services, is searching for an energetic, enthusiastic and professional Payroll Specialist to join our growing team in Long Island, New York. We offer a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere, access to great benefits and a competitive salary.
As a member of the Payroll Service Team, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing assigned payrolls and analyzing, processing and ensuring timely handling of all employee records.
As a Payroll Specialist, your objective will be to:
- Build and maintain rapport, engagement and the highest customer service levels, with client base as an adviser on payroll related matters; collaborating with other Alcott HR team members as necessary
- Ensure the timely analysis and handling of all employee records from hire through termination
Payroll Specialist Essential Functions
- Processing assigned payrolls utilizing the HRIS system
- Maintaining compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Reviewing payroll to ensure accuracy by examining work for exactness and clarity and issuing written and verbal instructions to clients to ensure compliance to proper procedures
- Maintaining current knowledge of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws, and corresponding with federal, state and local tax agencies on behalf of the client
- Coordinating and processing new hire and termination paperwork in accordance with timelines for payroll processing
- Collaborating with other Alcott HR functional areas when necessary
- Professional and adaptable communication skills and building rapport with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Understanding of federal and state employment regulations, strong familiarity with wage and hour regulations
- Customer service oriented
- MS Word and MS Excel proficiency
- Proficient with HRIS and/or payroll systems
- Ability to learn and work in a Windows-based database system
- FPC or CPP are preferred
- Well-rounded experience in the payroll field with 5 or more years of payroll processing experience; multi-state experience is preferred
- FPC or CPP are preferred
Alcott HR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Alcott HR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.