Apply For An IT Administrator Job With Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR, an industry-leading provider of human resources solutions and support services, is searching for an energetic, enthusiastic and professional IT Administrator to join our growing team in Long Island, NY. We offer a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere, access to great benefits and a competitive salary.
IT Administrator Job Description
Under general direction, maintains integrity of the application and associated system environment. Performs application upgrades including planning and scheduling, testing, and coordination. Coordinates disk space planning and management. Maintains growth statistics, space forecasts, tape libraries, and software and hardware inventory. Monitors and maintains continuity with system software licensing and maintenance agreements. Provides recommendations regarding hardware and system software planning and budgeting. Maintains production change control schedule and participates in change control. Schedules application installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
Attributes & Functions
- Must be customer service focused
- Work well as part of a team
- Establish and document standards and procedures.
- Install, configure, maintain, and upgrade Microsoft Windows server operating systems and applications.
- Manage storage and server utilization in a Hybrid/Vmware environment
- Work closely with SQL DBA
- Recognize and troubleshoot problems with server hardware and applications software.
- Manage desktop and end user support
- Monitor network and server performance and troubleshoot potential issues
- Coordinate project work with internal and external consulting resources
- Office 365 and Skype for Business Administration
- Experience in administration of SAN environments (EMC iSCSI SAN)
- Experience with VMWare 6 virtualization and Horizon 6 Virtual Desktops
- Experience with operation and administration of Windows Server 2008 through 2016 platforms
- Experience with Windows 7 and 10
- Practical experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of computer and networking hardware, routing and configuration
- Active Directory Administration and Windows PowerShell
- Group Policy Administration
Alcott HR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Alcott HR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.