Apply For A Bookkeeper Job With Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), providing HR support and employer services to small and mid-sized organizations. Our clients are companies that depend on our affordable and effective HR solutions. And we are growing!
Alcott HR is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in the support of the Finance Departments day-to-day operations by performing a variety of general office and accounting responsibilities and tasks including accounts receivable / accounts payable functions, and general ledger data entry. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Assist the Finance Department with various accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Assist in maintaining accounting ledgers and other financial records detailing organizational business transactions.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and tie out to monthly G/L for closing.
- Assist in daily, quarterly and monthly payroll tax payments and filing returns.
- Develop various spreadsheets and assist in performing various reconciliations, including benefits, G/L accounts, etc.
- Perform filing, scanning and other general organizational duties.
- Demonstrate knowledge of general office duties and accounting.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial data and prepare timely reports.
- Expertise in and ability to use excel.
- Possess strong organizational skills, maintain detailed records
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form is a must.
- Perform other special assignments and projects as requested.
- Minimum of 1 -2 years of experience in account payable and receivables, general ledger, and experience in services related to payroll and payroll data entry is preferable.
- Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Must have excellent technological skills and be familiar with a variety of HRIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skills in Excel required.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent years of education and experience preferred.
Alcott HR offers a competitive benefits package that includes employer contributions towards Health, Dental, Vision, HSA account, Life and 401(k). PTO pool for time off, HR and position relevant Memberships, Certifications and Tuition reimbursement.