Apply For An Benefits Specialist Job With Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), providing HR support and employer services to small and mid-sized organizations. Our clients are companies that depend on our affordable and effective HR solutions. And we are growing!
Alcott HR, an industry leader in providing Human Resource solutions and support services, seeks a Benefits Specialist to join our growing team in Farmingdale, New York.
The Benefits Specialist provides subject matter expertise in benefits operations within the HRIS database and in various employee benefit plans for our clients and employees. Other responsibilities include providing clients and employees with exceptional customer service, resolving claim inquiries, benefits education and administration of benefits plans.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for set up, maintenance, functionality and system accuracy of the HRIS system as it relates to benefits.
- Problem solve and testing of benefits functions in HRIS system
- Responsible for all data entry into HRIS systems, insurance carriers and vendor systems including plan set ups
- Maintains all administrative functions as they relate to the benefits team day to day tasks and annual open enrollment.
- Create and process daily and weekly EDI and Funding Files to carriers and vendors
- Research billing discrepancies from carrier
- Assists with implementation of benefits operation projects as needed
- Processes Medical Support Orders while remaining compliant with all applicable laws
- Conduct new hire benefits orientations for new hires
- Presents benefit offerings for new clients
- Preparation of ACA reporting while ensuring compliance with federal regulations
- Ensures exceptional customer service while counseling and resolving client and employees with benefit issues via phone and email.
- Process Leave of Absence, FMLA, PFL and DBL while interfacing with clients, employees and carriers while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations
- Stays current with changes in benefits and related legislation. (HIPAA, Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, self-starter, ability to multi-task and focus on priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of client service and support.
- Proficient in Technology including Microsoft Office and HRIS Systems
- CRM Proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma with equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience of demonstrated HR/employee benefits administration required
Alcott HR offers a competitive benefits package that includes employer contributions towards Health, Dental, Vision, HSA account, Life and 401(k). PTO pool for time off, HR and position relevant Memberships, Certifications and Tuition reimbursement.