Apply for a Benefits and Leave Associate Position with Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR, an industry leader in providing Human Resource solutions and support services, seeks a Benefits Associate to join our growing team in Farmingdale, New York.
The Benefits and Leave Associate provides subject matter expertise and administers all the Leave of Absence and Medical Support orders within the organization. Additional responsibilities include providing clients and employees with exceptional customer service, HRIS maintenance, resolving claim inquiries, benefits education and administration of benefits plans.
- Manage and administer all Leave of Absence, FMLA, PFL and DBL while interfacing with clients, employees and carriers while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations
- Process all Medical Support orders while ensuring compliance within the law
- Assist with maintenance, functionality and system accuracy of the HRIS system as it relates to benefits.
- Assist with all data entry into HRIS systems, insurance carriers and vendor systems including plan set ups
- Maintains all administrative functions as they relate to the benefits team day to day tasks and annual open enrollment.
- Create and process daily and weekly EDI and Funding Files to carriers and vendors
- Research billing discrepancies from carrier
- Assists with implementation of benefits operation projects as needed
- Preparation of ACA reporting while ensuring compliance with federal regulations
- Ensures exceptional customer service while counseling client and employees on leave of absence and benefit issues via phone and email.
- Stays current with changes in benefits and related legislation. (HIPAA, Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma with equivalent work experience.
- Two plus years managing and administering all types of leave of absence
- Knowledgeable in FMLA, Disability and Paid Family Leave
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, self-starter, ability to multi-task and focus on priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of client service and support.
- Proficient in Technology including Microsoft Office and HRIS Systems
Desired Skills and Experience
- CRM Proficiency
As a recognized expert in this field, Alcott HR is an equal opportunity employer offering an excellent work environment and a comprehensive benefit package. Come join our team!
Alcott HR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Alcott HR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.