Apply for a Benefits Associate Position with Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR, an industry leader in providing Human Resource solutions and support services, seeks a Benefits Associate to join our growing team in Farmingdale, New York.
The Benefits Operations Specialist provides subject matter expertise within benefits operations within the HRIS database. Other responsibilities include providing clients and employees with exceptional customer service, resolving claim inquiries, benefits education and administration of benefits plans.
- Responsible for set up, maintenance, functionality and system accuracy of the HRIS system as it relates to benefits.
- Problem solve and testing of benefits functions in HRIS system
- Responsible for all data entry into HRIS systems, insurance carriers and vendor systems including plan set ups
- Maintains all administrative functions as they relate to the benefits team day to day tasks and annual open enrollment.
- Create and process daily and weekly EDI and Funding Files to carriers and vendors
- Research billing discrepancies from carrier
- Assists with implementation of benefits operation projects as needed
- Preparation of ACA reporting while ensuring compliance with federal regulations
- Ensures exceptional customer service while counseling client and employees with benefit issues via phone and email.
- Process Leave of Absence, FMLA, PFL and DBL while interfacing with clients, employees and carriers while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations
- Stays current with changes in benefits and related legislation. (HIPAA, Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year HR/employee benefits administration experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, self-starter, ability to multi-task and focus on priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of client service and support.
- Proficient in Technology including Microsoft Office and HRIS Systems
Desired Skills and Experience
- CRM Proficiency
As a recognized expert in this field, Alcott HR is an equal opportunity employer offering an excellent work environment and a comprehensive benefit package. Come join our team!
Alcott HR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Alcott HR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.