Apply For A Staff Accountant Position With Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR, an industry-leading HR outsourcing firm, is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing team. We offer a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere. This position is located in our Farmingdale, NY office.
As a member of the Finance Team, the Staff Accountant performs a variety of general accounting responsibilities and tasks including accounts receivable/accounts payable functions and general ledger data entry.
Staff Accountant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Finance Department with various accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Assist in maintaining accounting ledgers and other financial records detailing organizational business transactions.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and tie out to monthly G/L for closing.
- Develop various spreadsheets and assist in performing various reconciliations, including benefits, G/L accounts, etc.
- Perform filing, scanning and other general organizational duties.
- Perform other special assignments and projects as requested.
Staff Accountant Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or in Business with an emphasis in finance, is required.
- 1-2 years of prior experience in accounting preferable, or a combination of both.
- Demonstrate knowledge of general ledger accounting.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial data and prepare timely reports.
- Advanced skills in Excel required.
- Possess strong organizational skills, maintain detailed records and the ability to communicate orally and in written form is a must.
- Technical proficiency including ability to navigate multiple software applications including accounting and HRIS/Payroll systems.