Apply For A Senior Data Base Administrator Position With Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR, an industry-leading provider of human resources solutions and support services, is searching for a Senior Data Base Administrator to join our growing team in Long Island, New York. We offer a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere, access to great benefits and a competitive salary.
The core goal of the Senior Data Base Administrator is to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of Alcott HR’s current and future data management systems and to support Alcott HR’s mission through promotion of key strategic initiatives. Administration of Alcott HR’s SQL servers, SQL programming, SSRS and SQL report design/development, data integration between systems, and administration testing and development environments.
- Database administration for multiple SQL servers (production and test environment) including monitoring jobs, backup and recovery strategies, performance tuning, storage maintenance and capacity planning.
- Plan and upgrade SQL servers to most currently supported releases, and maintain service packs and patches.
- Create and manage SSIS packages to enhance the integration of multiple applications.
- Build and improve on Alcott HR’s current enterprise architecture, while planning ahead for future scaling.
- Create report specifications after gathering requirements and maintain technical documentation.
- Write ad-hoc SQL queries, stored procedures, and functions as required for data analysis, application support, report building, data migration, etc.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service bottlenecks or outages as they may occur *(Including during both work hours or after-hours and weekends) due to internal or external causes.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and best practices in database systems and reporting to propose improvements and technology advancements.
- Other projects and duties assigned as needed.
- 3+ years of prior experience utilizing SQL Server2008 – 2014, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Windows Server.
- 3+ years of experience with development in Microsoft SQL Server/T-SQL and report building.
- SQL Database Administration experience including SQL server monitoring, SSIS, performance tuning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills; a team player.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and strong desire to innovate and learn new technologies and techniques.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, based on business needs.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Alcott HR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Alcott HR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO is the Law.