Apply For A Payroll Specialist Job With Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR, is a leading HRO (Human Resource Outsourcing) providing HR support and employer services to small and mid-sized organizations that need affordable and effective HR solutions. We are seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist (Bilingual English/Spanish-speaking a requirement) to join our growing team. We offer a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere, access to great benefits and a competitive salary.
As a member of the Payroll Service Team, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing assigned payrolls and analyzing, processing and ensuring timely handling of all employee records. This position is located in our Farmingdale, NY office.
As a Payroll Specialist, your objective will be to:
- Build and maintain rapport, engagement and the highest customer service levels, with client base as an advisor on payroll related matters; collaborating with other Alcott HR team members as necessary
- Ensure the timely analysis and handling of all employee records from hire through termination
Payroll Specialist job Responsibilities:
- Processing assigned payrolls utilizing the HRIS system
- Maintaining compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Reviewing payroll to ensure accuracy by examining work for exactness and clarity and issuing written and verbal instructions to clients to ensure compliance to proper procedures
- Maintaining current knowledge of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws, and corresponding with federal, state and local tax agencies on behalf of the client
- Coordinating and processing new hire and termination paperwork in accordance with timelines for payroll processing
- Collaborating with other Alcott HR functional areas when necessary
Payroll Specialist Job Qualifications & Competencies:
- Well-rounded experience in the payroll field with 5 or more years of payroll processing experience; multi-state experience is preferred
- Professional and adaptable bi-lingual communication skills (Spanish/English verbal and written) and building rapport with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Understanding of federal and state employment regulations, strong familiarity with wage and hour regulations
- Customer service oriented
- MS Word and MS Excel proficiency
- Proficient with HRIS and/or payroll systems
- Ability to learn and work in a Windows-based database system
- FPC or CPP are preferred
What We Offer:
Alcott HR offers a competitive compensation package that includes employer contributions towards health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement and an HSA as well as tuition assistance and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identification or sexual orientation, disability, protected military status, or any other classification protected under law. EEO is the Law