Apply For A Part-Time Legal/Compliance Specialist Position With Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR, an industry-leading provider of human resources solutions and support services, is searching for a Part-Time Legal/Compliance Specialist to join our growing team in Long Island, New York. We offer a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere and a competitive salary.
The Part-Time Legal/Compliance Specialist researches federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; responds to legal correspondence; prepares summaries and other documents to assist Corporate Counsel by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with compliance responsibilities in the legal/compliance department by researching and analyzing and digesting multi state, national and municipal requirements for employers
- Maintain and monitor legally required postings and compliance documentation
- Provides Subject matter expertise via reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Write and edit reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Assist in preparation of multi-state employee manuals as required
- Act as liaison with Human Resources department
- Prepare documentation for use by Corporate Counsel as assigned to potentially include Client Service Agreements, (CSAs) state registration forms, vendor contracts and other associated departmental paperwork
- Responds to third party subpoenas and requests for information
- Assists in terminated client processes
Additional Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Assists in:
- State registrations/renewals
- ESAC compliance and reporting
- Contract/rider preparation and revisions
- Ownership information tracking
- Management of Legal Cases/Charges
- File management
- Document collating for outside counsel
- Outside counsel billing and tracking
- Provide guidance/support to ensure audit-ready benefit plan compliance (BAAs, HITECH compliance, Privacy disclosures, plan document/SPD compliance, etc)
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience:
- Four year college degree; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent a plus, but not required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of Extreme, HR Connect and Microsoft CRM are a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Paralegal Certification preferred, but not required.
Alcott HR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Alcott HR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO is the Law.