Apply For A Lead Payroll Administrator Position With Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR, is a leading HRO (Human Resource Outsourcing) providing HR support and employer services to small and mid-sized organizations that need affordable and effective HR solutions. We are seeking a Lead Payroll Administrator to join our growing team. We offer a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere, access to great benefits and a competitive salary.
As a member of the Payroll Team, the Lead Payroll Administrator acts as a liaison to the Director of Operations on issues relevant to payroll compliance, processing and service delivery, oversees the Payroll Department and works with the Payroll Supervisor to provide support to our Payroll Specialists on day to day issues. Additionally, the Lead Payroll Administrator is responsible for coordinating tasks and processes necessary to payroll service delivery and customer service/relations. This position is located in our Farmingdale, NY office.
Lead Payroll Administrator Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meets regularly with the Director of Operations to update and establish procedures for the Payroll Department.
- Meets regularly with Payroll Supervisor to ensure accurate and timely service delivery.
- Responsible for maintaining production efficiency by determining work procedures, client assignments and work schedules.
- Provide support to Payroll Specialists onsite and remotely on day to day issues.
- Maintains and processes a payroll caseload requiring collection of payroll data, salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions.
- Maintains payroll data by managing the collection, calculation and output in accordance to company policy and industry standards.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by keep abreast of existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Develops and maintains company policies in accordance to government regulations affecting payroll procedures.
- Oversees company policy on compliance of wage garnishments in accordance to federal and, state regulations.
- Keeps abreast of the HRIS and payroll processing system for compliance, productivity and efficiency.
- Reviews payroll to ensure accuracy by examining work for exactness, neatness and issues written and oral instructions to clients to insure compliance to proper procedures.
- Investigates complaints concerning client’s payroll and billing issues and takes appropriate correction action.
- Issues written and oral instructions to clients to ensure compliance to proper procedures.
- Helps Alcott HR to maintain a high rate of client retention through quality service.
- Monitors staff training and certification
Lead Payroll Administrator Job Qualifications & Competencies:
- Understanding of federal and state employment regulations, strong familiarity with wage and hour regulations
- Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Must have excellent technological skills and be familiar with a variety of HRIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- MS Word and MS Excel proficiency
- Proficient with HRIS and/or payroll systems
- Ability to learn and work in a Windows-based database system
- CPP is desirable
Lead Payroll Administrator Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent, Associate’s degree (A. A.) from a college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 5 years payroll processing experience in multi-state environment. Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
What We Offer:
Alcott HR offers a competitive compensation package that includes employer contributions towards health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement and an HSA as well as tuition assistance and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identification or sexual orientation, disability, protected military status, or any other classification protected under law. EEO is the Law