Apply for a Benefits Specialist Position with Alcott HR Today!
Alcott HR, an industry leader in providing Human Resource solutions and support services, is seeking experienced Benefits Specialists to join our growing teams in Williamsville, New York and Long Island, NY.
The Benefits Specialist provides subject matter expertise on the day to day administration, compliance, vendor management, as well as communication and education on benefits and leave management to new and existing clients. The position will perform data analysis regarding various aspects of different plans; identify and develop process improvements, and transition and onboard programs seamlessly. This position also provides stellar customer service, including analytical and technical support in the delivery of programs and solutions.
Benefits Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with new and existing clients recommending benefit strategies, including cost share and plan offerings ensuring a successful on boarding experience and timely delivery of services.
- Administers leaves, flexible spending and transit programs; provides paperwork, responds to employee and client inquiries and provides guidance, assesses and tracks eligibility, prepares and maintains correspondence, and processes claims in accordance with federal and state regulations. (FMLA, ADA, COBRA, etc.).
- Maintain vendor contact to investigate claims discrepancies, provide information in non-routine situations and resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Responsible for maintaining employee benefit files, SPD’s and other documents according to record retention requirements and established guidelines.
- Researches and stays current with changes in benefits and related legislation. (HIPAA, Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA)).
- Works with human resources colleagues on policy development, administration and employee relations issues as needed.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment when recommending services, analyzing trends and providing client guidance.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer service levels.
- Makes recommendations for process improvement and accurate workflow and creates and updates process documentation.
Benefits Specialist Job Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree preferred with a minimum of 2 years benefit administration experience preferred or High School Diploma with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in employee benefits administration required.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills required. CRM experience preferred.
- Direct experience with and regular use of HRIS systems required.
- Ability to travel when necessary (no overnight travel required).
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; effective listening skills; ability to present to small and large groups.
- Proven time management skills.
- Effective phone etiquette and demonstrated customer service skills a must.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem solving skills with ability to influence a positive solution.
- Ability to apply emotional maturity in all interactions with strong decision making capability.
- Strong attention to detail, self-starter, and the ability to multi-task essential.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of client service and support.
As a recognized expert in this field, Alcott HR is an equal opportunity employer offering an excellent work environment and a comprehensive benefit package. Come join our team!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identification or sexual orientation, disability, protected military status, or any other classification protected under law. EEO is the Law